Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ep. 9, Scene 7 *Vernon's Choice*

Julian's House-Outside-Porch"

And alllll I know is, when we're to-gether. No one can make me feel, the way you do, babyyy. I wishhh each moment, could lasstttt for-ev-er. It's hard to explain, the way I feel for you, I just can't find the words...""Can't Find The Words" by Karina Paisan plays in the background. Julian and Terrance are sitting on Julian's porch, both looking sad.

Julian
(pause)
I...I didn't have a clue that when I first met you that day, speed dating, that you would...

Terrance
Act like I aint got no sense and get myself thrown in the slammer?
(smiles slightly)
Yeah, I didn't see that one coming either.

They both have something they want to say but neither one wants to say it.

Terrance
(pause)
Do you wanna be with him?

Julian knows who he's talking about and doesn't want to answer...but he owes Terrance the truth.

Julian
(pause)
Yes.

That hurts but...Terrance has known that for some time.

Terrance
(pause)
Are you...willing to risk--putting everything on the line for him? Heart, mind, body, soul? Love?

It hurts Julian to answer but he has to.

Julian
Yes.

Terrance nods his head, tears slowly welling up in his eyes as he begins to realize the worst. Julian has tears in his own eyes as well and he reaches over, wiping Terrance's tears with his fingers.

Julian
You are...an amazing and wonderful man. And...you're the greatest boyfriend I've ever had.

Terrance
I'm just not THE boyfriend you wanna have.

Julian's tears start to fall even more now, realizing it's over with Terrance because he's right. He wants Vernon.

Julian
I'm...the worst kind of person, I know. I said I would never hurt somebody the way I've been hurt in the past and...I did it to you of all people.

Terrance
(wiping Julian's tears; hugs him tightly)
Hey, hey, don't say that, alright? You acting like this is goodbye or something. We gonna see each other again.
(smiles)
And...you'll get to hear me every night at 11 o' clock. Just tune into your radio.

Julian
(pause; than smiles)
You got the show?

Terrance
Got the call a couple days ago. Gotta fly out this weekend, big radio dj tour thing cross the country. I was...gonna ask you to come with me buttt...

A car pulls up...it's Vernon's! He gets out of the car. Julian is happy but confused to see him.

Terrance
You got your own appointment with destiny.

Julian
(confused)
Vernon? What are you...

Terrance gets up from the porch.

Terrance
Love makes you do the wacky, I guess cause...I called him.
(looks at Vernon)
THAT'S your dude, Julian. In here.
(kisses Julian's forehead)
And in here.
(touches Julian's heart)

Terrance kisses Julian on the cheek one last time.

Terrance
(pause)
I love you, Julian Christopher.

Terrance walks up to Vernon.

Terrance
That right hook will come back to hit you in the face again first time I find out you stepped outta line, ight homie?

Vernon nods, respecting Terrance. Terrance gets in his car, puts to fingers to his lips and "air kisses", making a "peace sign with his fingers like LL Cool J. Terrances drives off. Julian watches the car go and than his eyes go to Vernon. Vernon walks up the steps, stopping short, standing in front of Julian, a small smile on his face.

Vernon
Feels like it...took me forever to get here.Julian bites his lip, taking Vernon's hand and smiling.

Julian
Me too but...at least we got here together.

Vernon
I'd be...lying if I said...I wasn't scared to death right now.

Julian
(nodding)
So would I. But now...we can be scared together.

Vernon likes the sound of that. He leans in and kisses Julian Christopher...his man. "Can't Find The Words" closes out the scene as it fades to black with Julian and Vernon kissing, finally staking their claim in each other's life.

"I just can't find the wordsss, you got me losing myself, in what I'm trying to say and it's so hard
to fight it, can't help but feeling this way..."

End of Episode.

Is Terrence gone for good?

Will Julian and Vernon make it on this new journey?

Do you think Vernon still likes girls?

Send comments to twitter.com/boyfriendznews

No comments:

Post a Comment