Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ep. 9, Scene 5 *Judge Z*

Scene 5

Jail-Interior-Holding Cell

Z is sitting on the bench with her legs crossed, looking very "professional". Vernon and Terrance are standing on separate sides of the cell, both looking like they're deep in thought.

Z
(to Vernon)
So...YOU have feelings for Julian.

Terrance
You gotta keep throwing at in my face, Z?

Z
I'm not throwing anything in anybody's face but you're both here because you have feelings for the same guy and THAT'S not gonna work for too much longer as you can see, exhibits...
(points at both Vernon and Terrance)
A and B.

Terrance
Than tell ol' boy to stop being in my boo's face every chance he gets.
(to Vernon; annoyed)
You like one of them shoe flies, STAY bothering, yo.

Vernon ignores Terrance, talking to Z.

Vernon
Yeah...I got feelings for Julian.

Z
So you're gay now?

Vernon
Do we gotta use labels? I like him, I KNOW that now. I can ADMIT that now, it's not as easy as you and your friends think. It's a step.

Z
If you CARE about Julian? If you wanna BE with Julian?
(to Terrance)
And--I'm NOT saying that he is.
(to Vernon)
Than it IS that easy, Vernon. And Terrance is willing to give Julian that, he HAS given Julian that. What are you willing to give?

Vernon thinks about that...what is he ready to give for Julian?

Terrance
Yeah PAT-NAH!
(crosses arm)
What you got on THAT? Julian KNOWS who he is and I LOVE who he is. Can you say the same? Can you walk down the street with him and hold his hand? Kiss him in public? Make LOVE to him?

Vernon
You not saying nothing I never did before...or never thought about doing. I've WALKED down the street with Julian before he even knew you, without a problem. I've HELD his hand, at the movies, when we went to go see "Prom Night"--he jumped at the part when...

Terrance
(finishing his sentence)
The killer jumps through the mirror.

Terrance is a little thrown off, he never really knew of Vernon's history with Julian or that they had done things that HE had done with Julian.

Vernon
I KISSED him in front of a club full of people, just to show him that I could. And that I WASN'T scared. And when the day comes, if he gives me the opportunity? I'll show him how I feel physically...I don't think you need me to go into more than that for you. Unless you want details.

Z looks like she's enthralled by the conversation before her.

Z
Ohhhh, this is just like "Oz" when Adebesi and that muslim guy had the final showdown in teatown...neither one of ya'll got a shank, on you, do you?

Terrance
So what you saying? If Julian gave you a chance to be the man that he needed you would be it? You would protect his heart? Make sure he never got hurt? Try and give him the world?

Vernon
(pause)
Julian's the one that needs to be asking me that question. And IF he DOES...Julian's the one I'll be giving the answer too.

Z is amazed that Vernon really does seem like he wants to be with Julian and willing to go the extra mile, even she doesn't know what to say or do now. Julian and Stony walk in, going over to the bars. Z runs to the bars, happy to see them.

Z
Hiiiii guys!
(holds out cup)
Cappucino?

Stony
You behind bars. I wish we had one of these in the house to just...throw you in when you get on my nerves.

Z makes a face at him. Julian sees Terrance and Vernon, unsure of what to say to either of them since he hasn't seen either man since "Sickning & In Demand".

Julian
I...posted bail for both you guys so, you're free!

The female officer comes and opens the cell, letting Z, Terrance, and Vernon out. Z grabs onto Stony, hugging him tightly. Vernon looks at Julian who can't look him in the eyes...not in front of Terrance.

Vernon
(to Z)
You guys...think you could give me a ride? Car's still at the parking lot at the gym.

Terrance
So's mine.

Julian
Than I guess we, all need a ride.

Z
(sighs)
THIS should be fun.

The five of them start to all walk out of the police station.

Stony
I'm just letting you know NOW, I don't want know blood stains in my car! There will be no UFC championship going on in MY Civic!

End of Scene.

Send comments to twitter.com/boyfriendznews.

No comments:

Post a Comment